26 September 2009

Affirmative

I said no to myself about many things yesterday, browsing the aisles of two separate stores in search of tablecloths that were neither a) vinyl b) tacky or c) overpriced, given they'll only get one good use, in my reckoning. I filled my baskets - twice - with things I returned to the shelves at the end of my visit. It was rather difficult to say goodbye to a skeletal bride and groom, out of everything, but I did.

So tonight, after having devoted a day to baking some twenty dozen cookies and sampling only a few before committing them to the freezer for the next week, I am going to say yes to pizza and a night of gaming, or yes to pizza and a period film. Perhaps both, but certainly pizza.

M is out being a bachelor, and I'm in playing at spinster.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you. Reading this has me getting all anxious for stories and pictures from the big day already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hardly a spinster! You're having a solo girl's night in, which is perfectly alright! It's calming and relaxing and you're having pizza and can do whatever you wanted. ;)

    ReplyDelete