14 September 2009

She's Crafty

My original vision for this blog was, if not necessarily a showcase, a process piece for my craft undertakings. I suppose I've reached a stage in public writing where I feel everything should be for something, as opposed to vain little exercises in daily drivel. And though I haven't really used it for that purpose, I'm a sharer by nature, and nothing is so pleasing as having something enjoyed. Which is probably why I found the creative writing workshop a little like a Roman circus.

I love what is handmade. I want to try everything and do, want to skim tutorials so I can get down to it with only enough understanding of the process to fuck up in a small - but eternally noticeable - way. I tell myself I don't have time to work out at the gym/fold laundry/call my mother/get to bed on time because I have projects.

Occasionally, I finish one.

No comments:

Post a Comment